Good news for Pune students! Pune Municipal Corporation has introduced two new educational schemes for the students of city. Named after Bharatratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe, these schemes will provide financial support for the students who recently passed 10th or 12th standard examination.
What are the schemes?
Any student from Pune who passed secondary School Certificate (SSC) or any equivalent examination this year will get the one time scholarship of Rs. 15,000 under Bharatratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad educational scheme.
Similarly, Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe educational scheme will award the scholarship of Rs. 25,000 to the students who passed Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or any equivalent examination.
Who can apply for this schemes?
- The student should belong to the area under Pune Municipal Corporation.
- The student must have obtained minimum 80% in SSC or HSC exam in the year February-March 2017.
- If the student belongs to Backward Category or studied in Pune Municipal Corporation’s regular/night school, he/she is required to have obtained minimum 70%.
- If the student is 40% handicapped, minimum percentage required is 65%.
- The student must have applied at recognized institute for further education.
How to apply?
Students can apply for the schemes online. The process to apply for the scholarships is given below:
- Visit http://sdd.punecorporation.org/
- Click on the ‘Register’ at the top of right corner.
- Fill up the information required and register.
- You will receive the username and password for login.
- Log in to website using these credentials.
- Click on the ‘Apply for scheme’.
- After clicking on ‘Apply for scheme’, you will see a form seeking some important information. The form should be filled in the name of parent of a student. After filling the complete information ‘Save’ the application and click on ‘Next’.
- After that, one more form will appear on the screen. Fill your seat no. and Mother’s name. After that click on option ‘Search’ and then click on ‘Save& Next’.
- Now, you will be see the application you’ve filled initially. Print the copy of your application and submit it at Pune Municipal Corporation Ward office along with the the required documents.
Documents required to apply for the schemes:
- Mark sheet of the exam you have recently passed and the mark sheet proof on the letterhead of School/College.
- Transfer Certificate of School/ Bonafide certificate.
- Transfer Certificate of 10thand 12th is mandatory for the beneficiary students of 12th standard.
- Beneficiary should be staying in the municipal area of Pune Municipal Corporation at least for last 3 years.
- Tax receipts of Municipal tax or Electricity bills (one from each year) /Telephone bills/Slum photopass/ Slum service charges receipt/ rent agreement/ letter from Owner of last three years .
- Proof of the admission taken at any recognized institute i.e. Fee receipt, Sign and stamp from College Principal.
- Caste certificate or Handicapped certificate.
- AADHAR/PAN (if there) of Parent.
- Applicant needs to mention whether he has linked his AADHAR card to his/her bank account. Bank passbook and AADHAR card photocopy is required.
Do not attach the original copies of documents. Attach only photocopies.
Click here to apply for the scheme