(Update: The last date for sending your entry has been extended till 15th August 2016).
Keeping in line with the Swachh Bharat mission by Government of India, PMC too vows to encourage citizens to make Pune a cleaner and better city. For this very purpose, it has put in place Swachh Awards to recognize and honor those who are making efforts to make Pune better.
Honoring Cleanliness Warrior
What is Swacch Awards?
Pune, the city of active Punekars and socially & environmentally conscious NGOs, public and private entities, has witnessed several innovative initiatives undertaken by various stakeholders to improve hygiene and sanitation status of the city.
To motivate and create awareness about the outstanding work carried out by these stakeholders, PMC has decided to recognise their efforts and felicitate them.
Why Swachh Awards?
1. Motivate Punekars for the work undertaken in the hygiene & sanitation sector.
2. Trigger positive and competitive spirit among Punekars across all the wards of the city to perform better and achieve ‘Swachh’ status.
3. Showcase best practices,that have created impact and are scalable and replicable.
4. Create knowledge sharing platform for all the Punekars.
5. Create awareness among the citizens on various hygiene and sanitation practices.
1. BEST initiative by a HOUSEHOLD BEST
2. Performing SCHOOL/COLLEGE
3. BEST performing HOUSING SOCIETIES
4. BEST Performing Private SECTOR ENTITY BEST Performing NGO
5. BEST Performing PUBLIC SECTOR ENTITY
1. Any public or private sector organization, NGOs, housing societies or individuals are eligible to apply for this award.
2. Self-nomination or nominations for others are accepted for the awards. It should fulfill the criteria to be able to apply as a nominee.
3. The solution should be innovative and have the potential for broad applicability with low financial and/ or technical barriers to implementation.
4. Those who have completed the solution application no more than two years before the date of submission of the Application are eligible to apply.
5. It should not have been awarded under any other State level award category before.
6. The solution should have been essentially applied in the city of Pune.
The Jury shall first scrutinize the entrants against each Evaluation Parameter, after which the list of finalists shall be uploaded online. The next round of scrutiny by the jury for winners, shall be done after conducting the field validation & presentations of the finalists.
The decision of jury shall be final.
Each entry will be evaluated on the basis of:
1. Uniqueness of the intervention
3. Sustainability (environmental, social, etc.)
4. Extent of impact
5. Cost effectiveness
1. All entries have to be submitted in the prescribed format ONLY.
2. An individual / organization cannot submit more than one entry into the competition.
3. Each entry has to be recommended by two eminent people working in the sector.
4. Submitting post implementation photos is mandatory. Submitting pre implementation photos would earn you brownie points
An eminent jury comprising of officers, experts, representatives from the media and eminent organizations would evaluate the entries. The entire process of evaluation would be done in a very transparent manner.
Where to apply?
For application forms and more information, log on to
Last date for submission:
Update: The last date has been extended to 15th Aug, 2016 by 6:00 PM
Where to submit the form?
Forms have to be submitted either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in person to:
Mr Arun Khilari, AMC
Room No.139, SWM Dept. PMC Main Building,